Ann Morrison Park in Boise, Idaho, is set to welcome a thrilling addition to its attractions with the grand opening of a state-of-the-art interactive water feature. The park’s iconic fountain has undergone an extensive renovation, transforming it into a ground-level water tunnel that promises an engaging experience for visitors of all ages and abilities.
Revitalizing Ann Morrison Park
The fountain renovation project at Ann Morrison Park marks a significant milestone in enhancing one of Boise’s most beloved recreational areas. The outdated raised fountain has been replaced with a cutting-edge water tunnel, designed to provide an interactive and accessible space for park-goers.
A Technological Marvel
The new water tunnel boasts impressive features, including over 10 miles of electrical wiring, more than 240 conduits, and a customizable LED lighting system. Spanning 70 feet, the tunnel houses 60 active water jets of varying heights, allowing visitors to splash and play amidst a captivating water show. The inclusion of curved benches with interactive waterfall features adds to the overall enjoyment and engagement.
A Commitment to Safety and Accessibility
In addition to the exciting water features, the renovation project has prioritized safety and accessibility. The surrounding area has been updated with rubberized surfacing, ensuring a safe and comfortable experience for all park visitors, including those with mobility devices.
A Collaborative Funding Effort
The successful completion of this ambitious project was made possible through a combination of city funds and generous donations. The Harry W. Morrison Foundation contributed $325,000, while the Morrison Knudsen Foundation donated $100,000, bolstering the overall budget of $1.975 million.
Join the Grand Opening Celebration
The public is invited to join the dedication and grand opening event on May 31 at 4 p.m. Celebrate the unveiling of this remarkable water feature and be among the first to experience its interactive marvels. Following the opening day, the water feature will be operational during park hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Ann Morrison Park’s new interactive water feature is sure to become a highlight of the Boise community, providing endless moments of joy, laughter, and cooling relief on hot summer days. Whether you’re a local resident or a visitor, don’t miss the chance to immerse yourself in this captivating aquatic adventure.
Based on the given content, the entities we would like to gather information about are the following:
1. Ann Morrison Park:
* What is the location of Ann Morrison Park?
* What are the notable features and attractions of the park?
* Are there any specific events or activities associated with the park?
2. Fountain Renovation Project:
* What were the goals and objectives of the fountain renovation project?
* What were the reasons behind replacing the raised fountain with a ground-level water tunnel?
* What are the specifications and features of the new interactive water tunnel?
3. Funding and Donations:
* Which organizations or foundations provided funding for the fountain renovation project?
* What was the total budget allocated for the project?
* Are there any significant contributors or sponsors associated with the project?
4. Opening Day and Operational Hours:
* What is the significance of the dedication and grand opening event on May 31?
* What are the details and schedule of the opening day event?
* What are the operational hours of the fountain after the opening day?
By researching these FAQs, we can obtain a deeper understanding of Ann Morrison Park, the fountain renovation project, the funding sources, and the upcoming opening event, providing comprehensive information to the news readers.